We are a community of living faith in Jesus Christ, centrally located in Polk County, FL. We celebrate the Mass in Spanish and English. All are welcome.
Giving to Holy Spirit Catholic Church
You can give to the church by clicking on the button below or by visiting give.holyspiritlakewales.org
Gifts, Tithes, and offerings are an important spiritual practice and one of the many ways that parishioners may give to the church. It is also important for people to give of their time and talents to the church volunteering in a variety of ministries and outreach activities to the community. Stewardship prayers from the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Click for Prayers PDF
Your gifts to the church allow us to do the following:
- Serve Christ and the community
- Celebrate the Eucharist
- Serve the disenfranchised in our community (the elderly, shut-ins, those in need, and many more)
- Faith formation programming for all
- Nurture and support strong families
- Sustain church programs
- Maintain our historic and much loved church, buildings, and grounds
- Pay the staff a living wage
- Help show the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ in the here and now
Take. Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding and my entire will,
all I have and call my own. You have given all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.
Everything is yours; do with it what you will. Give me only your love and your grace;
that is enough for me. ~ St. Ignatius of Loyola
Online Giving Frequently Asked Questions
- What Ways can I give financially? There are many ways to give:
- Give online safely and securely using Vanco Services using the “Donate” button above.
- Set up an automatically recurring payment using the “Donate” button above.
- Set up direct debit from your checking or savings account. Click the “Donate” button above
to find out how Vanco Services makes this simple and safe.
- Give during any Sunday service.
- Drop off or mail a check to the church office (Holy Spirit Catholic Church, 644 South 9th Street, Lake Wales, FL 33853.).
- What is Online Giving? Online Giving is an easy and convenient way to support the ministries of Holy Spirit Catholic Church. The benefits of Online Giving include the convenience of being able to give from anywhere at a time that is convenient for you, not having to write checks, and the ability to set up recurring donations so you don’t miss an opportunity to give when you are away from the church.
- How does Holy Spirit Catholic Church’s Online Giving work? Contributors click on the DONATE button above that takes them from the church’s website to a secure donation page hosted by Vanco Services LLC. Contributions can be set up in one of two ways.
- To make a one-time donation (no profile required), a contributor simply enters his or her name, address, payment method, payment amount and other essential information and then submits a donation.
- For recurring donations (profile required), a contributor creates a password-protected profile on the first visit to the donation page by entering his or her name, address, payment method and other required information before setting up a recurring donation. On future visits, the contributor simply logs in to make, change or view donations without the need to re-enter personal profile information. Recurring payments can be set up as weekly or monthly. For both methods, the donor sees a printer-friendly confirmation page and may also request an automatic email confirmation.
- What payment methods are offered at Holy Spirit Catholic Church? Our online donation page can accept direct debit payments from a checking or savings account using Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) as well as from a credit or debit card. This reduces the work required by the church’s financial secretary to process traditional paper checks and cash.
- How does Holy Spirit Catholic process online donations? Holy Spirit Catholic Church uses Vanco Services to process direct withdrawal donations. Vanco Services handles all of the security necessary for processing the transaction and then transfers the money into the church’s bank account. The church receives electronic notification about donations. Donations are entered by the church’s financial secretary the same way they are done when made by check or cash.
- How secure is online giving/payments? Vanco Services provides a secure way to make a payment using the contributor’s bank account or credit card information. This information is processed only on Vanco Services’ secure system which is verified by GeoTrust, Inc. Vanco Services is a PCI (Payment Card Industry) Level 1 compliant service provider which means all transactions are handled in accordance with the most rigorous security standards. You can see more information about Vanco Services security here.
- How can I keep track of my online giving? As in the past, the church will send you a regular giving statement which lists all donations you have given (online and/or in person). If you have an account with Vanco Services, you can elect to receive a record of donations through email. Electronic transfers will also appear on statements issued by your financial provider.
- Can I make an anonymous donation? There is no way to make an anonymous donation through Online Giving because Vanco Services does not have the ability to process anonymous donations. If you wish to make an anonymous donation, please mail it directly to Holy Spirit Catholic Church, 644 South 9th Street, Lake Wales, FL 33853.
- Is there any charge or fee to me for this service? No, there is no charge to the donor. The contributor selects the dollar amount to be given and that is the amount that will be charged. The entire donation is tax deductible. The church pays a nominal fee to Vanco Services for the convenience and security of the services they provide.
How to use the online payment system
One of our parishioners prepared a guide on how to use the online payment system.
Downloadable online giving how to guide [PDF]